Frederick md sarah beth athletic dating
Perhaps the most significant contingents during this period were the German and Polish immigrants who settled in Detroit in the 1860–1890s.
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Detroit, Michigan.Some of these nouveau riche built along East Jefferson, resulting in structures such as the Thomas A. Many of these neighborhoods have disappeared under 20th-century commercialization of the Woodward corridor, but some Victorian structures remain, notably the Elisha Taylor House (1870) and the Hudson-Evans House (1872), both near the Woodward East Historic District; and the Col. Hecker House (1888) and the Charles Lang Freer House (1887) in the East Ferry Avenue Historic District.Parker House (1868), the Croul-Palms House (1881), the William H. Near the end of the 19th century, apartment living became more acceptable for affluent middle-class families, and upscale apartments, such as the Coronado Apartments (1894), the Verona Apartments (1894), the Palms Apartments (1903), the Davenport Apartments (1905) in the Cass-Davenport Historic District, and the Garden Court Apartments (1915) were constructed to meet the new demand.These other properties are listed at National Register of Historic Places listings in Downtown and Midtown Detroit.
All together there are 262 properties and districts listed on the National Register in Detroit proper.
These well-to-do late-19th-century residents also funded the construction of a spate of churches, such as the Cass Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church (1883), the First Presbyterian Church (1889), the Trinity Episcopal Church (1890) (built by James E. Detroit has long been a city of immigrants, from the early French and English settlers in the 18th century, through the Irish who settled in the Corktown neighborhood in the 1840s, to the Greeks, who settled in the Greektown neighborhood in the early 20th century and the southern whites and African-Americans who came to Detroit in the years before the Great Depression.